- Important Update: Our Investment Presentation Seminar is now available twice a week.
Why Buy With A Platinum Agent
Using a Realtor When Buying a Pre-Construction Condo
One of the questions we often get asked is: Should you use a realtor when buying a pre-construction condominium?
The answer is a definite YES.
This is especially important in the pre-construction industry. In fact, you should work with a Realtor who is particularly knowledgeable in the pre-construction market, also known as a Platinum Agent.
If you’re thinking about buying a pre-construction condominium, you’ve probably already heard this term. This is the number one piece of advice we tell our family, friends and co-workers who are looking to invest in condos in the GTA: connect with a Platinum Sales Representative.
By working with these specialized professionals you will get valuable information that is required prior to investing and you’ll get first access to pre-construction projects, floor plans, incentives, promotions and VIP pricing. These are just some of the benefits that Platinum Access can give you.
So What Can a Platinum Agent Do for You?
Let’s start by saying that Platinum Agents like us at GTA-Homes have usually been working in the real estate industry for years and are now dedicated to one market only: the pre-construction condo market. This is a specialized area of real estate, so Platinum Agents like us eat, sleep and breathe the world of pre-construction. Sound a little obsessive? Maybe. But that’s how much we love our work.
A good Platinum Agent is able to get all the details on future developments in the GTA because they’ve spent years building relationships with the region’s top builders and developers. This means that you, the client, get to be first in line to receive promotional packages, floorplans, and price lists.
Like with any other product, you want to make sure you’re buying from someone who knows the ins and outs, right? This is especially true for real estate, which is the largest investment many people will make in their lifetime.
In addition to providing the latest info, your Platinum Broker will offer advice on various neighbourhoods, prices, developments, ROI’s, employment growth, population growth, rental rates, appreciation rates, vacancy rates, average income, transit, universities/colleges and investment opportunities.
We're Platinum Access Agents with the Experience and Expertise to Get You First Access, Every Time!
The Platinum Difference
- When a developer decides that they want to build a condominium, they need to go through a series of steps before they can start the construction process.
- First, they need to get funding from the bank. The only catch is that to get the funding, the developer needs to sell a certain percentage of their residential units.
- Their first step is to open the units for their friends and family, but it would be crazy to think this method will account for all the sales that they need - that’s where we come in!
- Our Platinum Agents have spent years building great relationships with developers so when they need to sell more units they rely on Platinum Agents.
- Platinum Agents are made up of a few of the top performing agents in the industry. Platinum Agents receive the lowest prices and some of the best incentives from the developer, a major benefit to the buyer.
- To sell these units, Platinum Agents spread the word by contacting their buyers/investors and hosting investment seminars and sales events. Platinum Agents are committed to representing the buyer and will go through the different options available in the development and neighbourhood that best suit the needs of the buyer.
- By purchasing a pre-construction condominium unit with a Platinum Agent, these buyers are able to get their first choice in units, floor plans, and more, and all for a reduced price. That’s the Platinum Difference!
By dealing with a Platinum Sales Representative, you can feel safe with the knowledge that you have hired a seasoned real estate agent who knows the pre-construction market and can offer wealth of advice. With early access to information about up-and-coming projects throughout the GTA, they can help you compare prices, neighbourhoods and floor plans to determine what kind of condominium will be the perfect fit for you and your lifestyle.
One big bonus here is that Platinum Agents like us don’t work for the developer, we work for you! This means we have your best interests in mind. And the best part? Hiring a Platinum Agent doesn’t cost you (the buyer) a penny because the builder pays those fees.
This means we’re free to select the right suite from our comprehensive database that will suit your needs. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, downsizer or looking strictly for an income property, we’ve got you covered!
Despite all of these great qualities, perhaps the most important reason to work with a Platinum Agent is the ability to get early access to projects before sales centres are open to the public. This means that you get first access to the inventory and the best possible choice of floors, views and unit layouts at the best price possible.
By the time sales centres have their official grand opening and are available to the public, many units are already sold and prices have increased significantly.
Here Are Just a Few Great Incentives That May Not Be Available to Buyers Working With Other Agents:
- First Platinum Access & Pricing*
- Special Extended Deposit Structure*
- Free Assignment Clause*
- Caps On Development Charges & Levies*
- Permission to have non-Purchaser Occupants during Occupancy
- Saving Thousands before Registration Phase & the Grand Public Opening
Another notable advantage to working with a Platinum Broker is their freedom to recommend and compare multiple options. They can point out the positives and the negatives in each unit you’re considering, including any potential problems with the floorplan or the unit’s location. They can tell you which projects have a better price-per-square-foot in a given neighbourhood. They’ll provide you with information about the developer, which is particularly important when you’re looking at buying something in the pre-construction phase. They can even inform you about other development proposals for the neighbourhood and how they may impact the new suite you’re buying. There are so many reasons to go with a Platinum Agent!
Are You Investing in a Condominium in the GTA?
If so, this is when a Platinum Agent is most valuable to you.
With a wealth of experience, they can provide everything you need to make an informed decision about your investment. They can tell you which floor layout will get you the most return on your investment (ROI) and which areas will get you optimal rental rates.
We are knowledgeable about Toronto neighbourhoods, which is important because certain statistics could drastically influence your investment choice. For example, we can tell you if it’s better to buy a one-bedroom unit for a particular area because of the high population of single professionals, or whether a three-bedroom suite is preferable because the area has started to attract young families.
We can provide you with all the data you need to make the right decision, including ROI numbers for particular neighbourhoods and how they compare to other projects that are being built, sold, or proposed.
We can also give you an estimation for the building’s appreciation rate, as well as recommendations for rental prices and how they may contribute to your monthly carrying costs and annual net cash flow. You’ll learn about your total annual return on your investment and for how much you can possibly sell it in the future.
Successful investments start with an in-depth market analysis that includes informed choices regarding location, prices, accessibility and suite layout. Platinum Sales Representatives like us at GTA-Homes can provide you with all that and more.
A seasoned broker will guide you through every step of the buying process, which is somewhat different in a pre-construction purchase. We are well-versed in pre-construction purchase agreements, so when you’re signing the Agreement of Purchase and Sale with the developer, you can feel confident that your document has the right clauses and that the agreement and incentives have been negotiated with your best interests in mind.
We’ll guide you through each step during the 10-day Cooling Off Period and coordinate the closing costs and details with the right pre-construction lawyer. We will explain how HST applies to your purchase and how to determine whether you are eligible for any HST rebates. Need assistance getting all the mortgage requirements completed? We can help you with that too.
If you’re buying an investment property, we can help you navigate the leasing process as well.
For an Easy and Positive Pre-Construction Purchase Experience, Register With Us Today and Get on the Platinum VIP List.
Please Note: The Platinum Access events are not open to registrants under a buyer agency contract with a realtor. If you are currently working with a realtor, please advise us and we will remove your contact information from future mailings.
* This limited time offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice. This offer may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Certain conditions apply. This offer is only valid for sales signed during a particular and specified time. Please see Sales Representative for full details. E. & O.E.
Learn More About The GTA Real Estate Market
Whether you're moving across the city, across the country or around the world, we have the expertise, knowledge and the resources to make your next move exciting and successful.
Awards & Achievements
At RE/MAX, success is celebrated through an established award and recognition program, and we are honoured to continuously have our mission of providing industry-leading customer service and local expertise recognized.